This month we are going to be highlighting some of the reasons why you might consider working with a dietitian. It’s safe to say that most people associate dietitians with weight loss; however, there are so many other ways in which dietitians utilise food and nutrition to improve your health and overall quality of life!
Firstly, dietitian’s can help in the management of a vast array of chronic diseases and conditions, including:
- Diabetes (Type 1 and Type 2)
- Heart disease
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease
- Eating disorders
- Chronic pain management
- Gastrointestinal conditions (i.e. irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), inflammatory bowel disease (IBD), etc.)
- Coeliac disease
+ many more!
As dietitians, we help you to understand your condition and provide education around the nutrients that may positively or negatively affect it. We create individualised nutrition plans that can help you manage your specific condition to improve your quality of life.
The good news is that if you suffer from any of these health conditions, you may be eligible for a Chronic Disease Management Plan (CDM) which provides you with up to 5 subsidised sessions with Allied Health professionals, including Dietitians.
To see if you are eligible for a CDM …
- Make an appointment with your GP
- Know where you can get help from.
Should you wish to be rebated under Medicare, please take this letter to your GP for a referral to me.
- More details on Medicare rebates in this FAQ.
- Physios, Exercise physiologists, podiatrists, psychologists and many other allied health professionals are all able to support people living with chronic disease and conditions.
Want more before the next newsletter? If you are interested in quick and practical tips, recipes, plus insightful food and nutrition articles click here to find Louise on Facebook and here to find Tessa on Facebook and Instagram.
If you want to know a bit more about how we might be able to help you, feel free to send us an email and we can get in contact and answer any questions you might have!
Louise & Tessa
0410 839 074
0402 234 478
Practising on Mondays at Physiologix
200 Settlement Rd, The Gap, 4061