The Gap Health & Racquet Club will provide the member with the use of the facilities as agreed. The Club may at its own discretion increase or decrease services and facilities.
The member shall hold harmless the Club in respect to any event whatsoever which may or does result in any injury, damage of personal property or loss caused to the member or any other person in the care and control of the member.
The owner shall be entitled to assign its rights and obligations under this agreement to any new owner or lessee of the club.
The Gap Health & Racquet Club may at its own discretion terminate a membership agreement if the manager and/or owner deem the member has breached the club rules. A copy of the club rules is available on request.
The staffed hours for the Club are displayed on the Contact page. The Gap Health & Racquet Club reserves the right to change these hours at any time without notice.
The Gap Health & Racquet Club operates on a 24/7 basis and is accessible to members during unstaffed hours. As a member utilising the facilities you acknowledge that you enter and use the facilities at your own risk. If you feel there is a risk to your personal property, health and safety or you have any other concerns regarding the undue effect of exercising in an unstaffed facility, then please DO NOT agree to this agreement.
Access during unstaffed hours is available for members of our Club only. Members who bring a non-member to the Club during unstaffed hours acknowledge that:
- They accept responsibility and liability for any injury, loss or damage attributed to the non-member
- They are subject to immediate membership termination.
- Members must bring access key & swipe at access points on every visit to the Club.
- Members will be charged a $19.00 fee if their Access Pass is damaged or lost and requires replacement.
- The Membership has a cooling-off period of 48 hours. If the membership is cancelled within this period then all monies paid will be refunded in full. No other refunds are payable under the membership, this includes the member not using the facilities.
- The membership is transferable at the discretion of the owner. An administration charge of $35.00 will apply to any transfer.
- Upfront Members only: When you renew your membership on or before the renewal dates then we guarantee you the rate you last paid. If your membership was paid as a couple or a group then it requires all members to re-join to receive the rate guarantee. If all members do not re-join then normal membership rates will apply for those re-joining.
- The Gap Health & Racquet Club reserves the right, at any time, to change the Membership Fees charged to members for use of the Club facilities. The Gap Health & Racquet Club agrees to use reasonable endeavours to provide you with Written Notice of the changes with at least 30 days notice.
- Direct Debit members must give 14 days notice to terminate membership by filling out the cancellation form (provided). The Club will not accept any other form of notice. Cancellation will not be administered until the completed form is received. Any scheduled payments due in the 14 day notice period will be deducted in full from your nominated debit account.
- Direct Debit Memberships can be put on hold for a minimum of 1 week up to a maximum period of 4 weeks each calendar year. The on hold must be in multiples of one week. This is provided free of charge. For any further periods a charge of $3.00 per week is charged and this will be deducted from your nominated account.
- Direct Debit Memberships will be deducted fortnightly from your nominated bank account or credit card. In the event that we are unsuccessful in deducting the funds from your account a $9 dishonor fee will be charged.
For security purposes, The Gap Health & Racquet Club uses video surveillance equipment to monitor the floor areas of the gym. By signing this agreement you are acknowledging that you will be subject to video surveillance and recording. Video surveillance is limited to the floor area only and is not within the walls of the bathroom.
Under 18’s (Minors)
All minors under the age of 18 must have the following completed prior to the commencement of membership:
- Parent or guardian must co-sign the membership agreement
- Parent or guardian must fill out an exercise health screening
- An induction session with a fitness professional
Minors – 14 & Under
- May participate in Group Fitness classes only at the discretion of the group fitness instructor. All other access to the Health Club facilities is not permitted unless written approval is given by the owner.
Minors aged 15 – 17 years
- An exercise program must be completed by our fitness professional should the minor wish to participate in a weights program.
Gym Rules and Procedures
No member is permitted to allow anyone access to the gym outside of staffed hours. Any member who is caught doing this will forfeit their membership immediately.
Children are not permitted in the Gym or Group Fitness room at any time. They and the equipment around pose a significant safety risk.
Towels are to be used on all equipment. This is for hygiene reasons. We do not have a towel hire service at the Club so it is your responsibility to bring one with you each visit.
Each member is able to hold their membership for up to four (4) weeks every calendar year at no cost. Each additional week is at a cost of $3 per week. Please email, call or see Reception prior to the start of your required hold period to organise this.
We have 5 Emergency Alarms located around The Club:
- At Reception (as you walk into the gym)
- In the Cardio area (near the Group Fitness board)
- In the Weights area (at the entrance, near the dumbbell rack)
- The hallway adjacent to the bathrooms
- Ladies only area (back of the room near the air conditioner)
These alarms are in place in case of emergencies outside of staffed hours. Just push the button labelled “push to activate” and our security cameras will activate and our security company alerted.
We have 3 Fire Evacuation exits:
- Main entrance/exit (automatic doors)
- Back door (towards the tennis courts)
- Weights room emergency exit*
* Please note that the weights room emergency exit is alarmed and should only be opened in the event of an emergency.
I acknowledge that I have read and agree to the terms and conditions (see over) and I am physically and medically capable of undertaking a regular exercise program and I have advised the staff of The Gap Health and Racquet Club of any known risk.
I agree that this proposal and declaration shall form the basis of this agreement between myself and The Gap Health & Racquet Club.