Tessa has some great news to share with you! She is now seeing clients upstairs at Physiologix. This is such a convenient location for members of The Gap Health and Racquet.
She has a special interest in weight management, chronic disease management, gut health, IBS, and women’s health, but can also help you to get on track to meeting your health goals and improve general wellbeing with evidenced based nutrition advice.
Please support her.
– From Louise
I’m Tessa, some of you may recognise me from behind reception at the gym, teaching group fitness or running coffees at Loaded Co; however, the other hat I wear is that I am an Accredited Practising Dietitian (APD) and Nutritionist! I completed my Bachelors of Exercise and Nutrition Science in 2018 and graduated with a Masters of Dietetic Studies from The University of Queensland in 2020.
I have always had an interest in exercise and nutrition since I was a teenager and my own health journey has led me to be incredibly passionate about helping others to build healthy relationships with food and nutrition. I work with my clients to develop evidenced-based individualised strategies to create healthy habits in order to reach your goals and harness the best version of you!
I currently enjoy working in the areas of:
- Weight management (including weight loss or muscle gain)
- Chronic and degenerative disease management
- Gut health
- Women’s health
- General healthy eating and advice
What happens in an appointment?
Initial consultation last 45 – 60 minutes and involves discussing:
- Your health and nutrition related goals and what you want to get out of the session
- Any relevant current or previous medical history
- Any diet-related symptoms or concerns
- Your current lifestyle and commitments
- Your normal eating patterns and dietary intake
Review consultations last 30 minutes and involve:
- Check-in with your plan and making any needed adjustments
- Discussing your successes and any barriers or difficulties you experienced
- Taking measurements to track progress
- Help keep you accountable!
Complimentary phone calls (new clients only) are available if you are still unsure whether you are ready to make an appointment and would like to have a short 15-minute chat about your own personal health concerns and/or goals and how I could help you with food and nutrition.
- Initial consultation – $110
- Review consultation – $70
- Bulk-billing available for those with a chronic disease management plan from their GP
Private health rebates are provided by most Private Health Funds for visits to APDs depending on your level of health cover.
Where and how can I book?
I’m glad you asked!
You can find me at Physiologix Therapy Solutions on Mondays and can book here.
I also provide Telehealth services for if you can’t make it to Physiologix or are unavailable Mondays.
Tessa Funk APD
Dietitian Nutritionist – BExNutrSc & MDietS