Strength & Conditioning
According to the Australian Government’s Australian Institute of Sports (AIS), a division of the Australian Sports Commission, Strength and Conditioning training is an integral part of the development of many elite athletes.
The Open Plan Strength and Conditioning studio at GHRC has been added to provide a dedicated space that aids individuals in a discipline that provides benefits in the areas of:
- injury prevention
- management and rehabilitation for the purposes of enhanced performance especially to athletes during competition
As with strength training, there are many physical, health, and mental benefits to training with free weights and / or resistance machines.
Under constant 24-hour surveillance, our members can work out at any time day or night, 365 days a year, with the peace of mind that you are safe and secure at all times.
Benefits of WEIGHT TRAINING
- Increases your physical capacity to perform activities of daily living (ADL’s) – aid you to be more active and for longer periods of time
- Improves bone density
- Promotes fat-free body mass
- Increases the strength of connective tissue, muscles, and tendons
- Decreases injury risk
- Improves your quality of life as you gain body composition confidence